Mclaren warranty service question | McLarenChat
News

Mclaren warranty service question

Discussion in 'McLaren Discussion (Not Model Specific)' started by drkillabrew, May 30, 2020.

1. drkillabrew

drkillabrew Rookie

Sep 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel Woodson
    I'm considering buying a late-model used 720S that's still under warranty. Most likely in CA or NC, having it delivered to central TX, where the closest dealership is either 2.5 hours away in Houston, or 3.5 hours away in Dallas. I've inferred from various web chat discussions that the Mclaren dealerships will pick-up/drop-off any vehicle requiring warranty service. Should I expect the same, even though I'll be 2-3 hours from the nearest dealership?

2. Night life

Night life Karting
    Owner

Dec 1, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto Giannini
    Not 100% sure if true but I have heard that some dealers will, some dealers won't, all has to do if you bought your car from that specific dealer.

I would call them directly and ask, they might get the car you want in for you then you have an established relationship with said dealership in TX.

In Canada all Mclaren dealerships are owned by Pfaff so much easier process, I can go to multiple locations, mind you closest location is 7 hours away ;).

3. tamiami

tamiami Rookie

Mar 14, 2007
    Mclaren will pay for towing if the car is undriveable and under warranty. Getting it back to your residence might be on your dime. I doubt it would be free if you had a broken passenger window switch. My dealer is currently offering free pickup and return for the yearly service but not for my 720S since I’m 80 miles away. As stated it would be best to verify with the dealer.