McLaren 600LT | McLarenChat
News

McLaren 600LT

Discussion in 'McLaren Discussion (Not Model Specific)' started by rdefabri, Jun 28, 2018.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Just saw this posted on YouTube:

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I wonder if the exhaust tip position is suppose to help with aero dynamics as it goes right into the wing elements.

4th_gear and roccob01 like this.
  3. JOEA2

JOEA2 Rookie
    Subscribed

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I think it's thrust.

Joe

4. sainthoo

sainthoo Rookie
    Premium Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Richmond, Va
    Full Name:
    Christian
  5. boxerman

boxerman Karting
    Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Sean

Nice video but pure marketing Bs.
    Theres nothing there about the actual ability of the cart, just dark smokey walter mitty stuff.
    I wonder if this is the real thing, like a Gt3 is or just a slightly repackaged 570 with some cool exhuasts and a wing..

6. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Rookie

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #6 ekovalsky, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2018
    USA price list attached if anyone is interested in one of these. MSRP on well spec'd cars will overlap with the 720S, which to me offers more value for the money.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Ingenere

Ingenere Formula Junior
    Premium Subscribed Owner

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It has the typical 'track day', hardcore solutions of more power and lighter weight. I'm not sure if that is really worth 2X my 570S, track pack car.

I've been a racer and instructor for almost 30 years and it will take me quite a while to really be able to exploit what I have. Not to mention that unless the abilities of most of the supercar owners I've taught has somehow gone through the roof, anything more than an old Fiat X1/9 w/80hp, might cause a 'pucker factor'! :)

8. boxerman

boxerman Karting
    Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Sean
    From what we read, if youre not paying for the Cf roof/seats etc, probably the weight loss is not more than 100 lbs. It does seem there are different suspension pieces wishbones etc which may make a big difference.

My experience is that when you take any street car to the track, its invariably soft. Add to that your point about lots and lots of Hp and Im not sure where were going here, beyond marketing. I would imagine a 570 with a proper track spring and shocks may be the ticket. I believe Mclaren make a 570 Gt4 of some sort I wonder what the difference in spring rates and shocks are to that car.

Cool machine the 600lt is. It may like the 675 Lt be a more raw/entertaining street car. I wonder if you can really lean on any of these supercars on track.

As to the comment about the x19, theres a reason why spec miata is so popular among racers, and its not just cost. There are very few who can follow a pro driven miata into a bend at the same pace in any of the supercars.

then w ehave runnign costs which the mac page indicates are kinda out there.

Still if they have cracked the 250swb and Gt3 code of a supreme road car that can really run on track out the box, thats something.

9. boxerman

boxerman Karting
    Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looking at the price list. 300k for a "trackable" 570. Straight out of ferrari's playbook. We can assume then the 570 is coming to the end of its cycle.
    The replacement if what we read is to be believed will be lighter.

Really really cool road car, and if you like the 570 this one is probably better in the same way a 675 was better than a 650. The ultimate expression of the MP4 tub.

10. sainthoo

sainthoo Rookie
    Premium Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Richmond, Va
    Full Name:
    Christian
  11. bocaf430

bocaf430 Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I want one lol

12. frefan

frefan Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    I heard it yesterday and it sounds really good for a turbocharged car

13. Boxer365

Boxer365 Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
    Agree, other alternative is to buy a 675LT for the same or less.