720S - Ferrari couple learn something from Mac on this | McLarenChat - The world's best McLaren community
News

720S Ferrari couple learn something from Mac on this

Discussion in 'Super Series (MP4-12C, 650S, 675LT, and 720S)' started by SoCal to az, Feb 16, 2019.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az Formula Junior
    Owner Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    2.5 years of ownership of my 488, and I have not been able to program my Homelink so I have a stupid remote on my visor. The instructions aren’t even in the owners manual. I basically gave up.

Fast forward to 720. Thought it was going to be the same as the 488 so I never bothered trying till my wife asked me to program her Tesla today. Figured what the hell, let’s try the 720 as well.

Literally took me 15 seconds to program 3 garage doors. Kudos to Mac for making it easy!

D-Bling, Rob Lay and Daniel Robbins like this.
  2. redcaruser

redcaruser Karting
    Premium Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    The 720S is the fastest car in terms of everything! ;)

Rob Lay likes this.
  3. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's true for now. :) they Ferrari will leap frog and then McLaren and then Ferrari.. :D well, Mac does seem more inclined to be the best performer where Ferrari can get a little lazy pushing the edges.

4. SoCal to az

Owner Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    First of all, the title title should say Ferrari Could Learn...”. Not Ferrari Couple learn.

Second, yes Ferrari will improve, mclaren will
    Improve we all benefit.

But fundamentally I think Ferrari needs a reboot. Their chasis is outdated. Didn’t think the carbon tub was going to be a big deal- it is. The Pista barely keeps with with a 2 year old 720 in terms of power. And the styling is 10 years old based on the 458.

I’m excited about the Geneva auto show because I really want to see something new and bold from Ferrari. I hope we get it.

redcaruser likes this.
  5. redcaruser

redcaruser Karting
    Premium Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    IMO technically wise McLaren is lightyears ahead. In the area of eomitionality, the distance to Ferrari is also getting smaller and smaller. Even worse for Ferrari, also in this respect McLaren has set to overtake. If I compare the 600LT with a Pista, the 600LT is already much more emotional to drive. I'm curious how Ferrari will react.

6. SoCal to az

Owner Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    With a steel chasis and more turbos.

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Karting
    Premium Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Bingo. And maybe finally a better Homelink. ;)

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Owner Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    But but but.....mclaren engines suck. They have no soul. ;). Ferrari engines are so much better.

9. redcaruser

redcaruser Karting
    Premium Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    MUCH MUCH BETTER! Ferrari turbo engines with their maximum power at engine speeds they never reach, what a convincing thing.

...and if it's not the engine, then is it the Ferrari myth. ;)