720S Buyer Seeking Opinions | McLarenChat
News
  1. Chuck Lanham

Chuck Lanham Rookie

Sep 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chuck Lanham
    I have never owned, nor do I know anyone that has owned a McLaren. I currently have a 488 GTB that I love, but I made the mistake of searching online. I found a 720S with a plum interior. I was fortunate that it is located at a local dealership. I did stop to see it in person and fell in love. I have heard rumors that getting service and/or parts for this car are more daunting than a Lambo or Ferrari. Is this true? I have heard they do not hold up very well. Of course, this could be coming from haters. My biggest concern for this particular model is the miles seem to be too high and close to maintenance issues. It is a 2018 with about 15K on the odometer. Any opinions on this concern? I look forward to any feedback.

Just FYI. I do not use my toy cars as a daily driver, but I do tend to put about 3K - 4K miles yearly. This is another reason for my concern of the current high miles. I usually keep my cars for 1 - 1.5 years and could real easily be trying to sell this car when it has just over 20K miles at the end of 2022.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. markjeansonne

markjeansonne Rookie

Dec 7, 2017
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Mark A. Jeansonne
    Is the 'local dealership' a McLaren dealer? B/c with a 'boutique dealer', it'***** & miss. A non-McLaren dealer, a boutique dealer, will sometimes clear fault codes without repairing the issue. From a McL dealer, you have a much better chance of getting an actual clean bill of health on the car, plus you can buy a McL warranty (which 'sometimes' is much, much better than a 3d party, non-affiliated warranty). Each different McLaren has particular issues that tend to show up with that model. My 12C had the common issues; my 570S had the common issues with that model. Research the 720S on mclarenlife.com
    Only common issue I've heard on the 720 is something coming loose in the turbo inlets.

4. Beach Kent

Beach Kent Rookie

Jul 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    kent plank

i have a 2020 720S on its way from a McLaren dealer in Boston. My research says stay away from a first year car. And get a warranty if possible. Good luck i had a 12c and loved the car. Great driver!

5. tamiami

tamiami Rookie

Mar 14, 2007
    A 2018 with 15k miles should be a good driver and well sorted. Mine has been in for the gorilla roof glass replacement, accumulators, and a small paint issue. All fixed under original warranty and still good.