570s/GT-650s/720 as daily driver | McLarenChat
News

570s/GT-650s/720 as daily driver

Discussion in 'McLaren Discussion (Not Model Specific)' started by Pinarello, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Pinarello

Pinarello Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    Obviously each car is different both in price and performance, but if you could have only one car as daily driver and considering maintenece cost, current price, future depreciation etc which would you pick?
    I currently don’t own a McLaren, my favorite car to drive has been a 675LT but as much I love that car did not think would be a great car to use daily ( this coming from someone that has driven GT3RS and a Ferrari daily) but love the brand

Anyone using these cars daily?, any high mileage examples?, any problems specific to one model more than other ?, if used daily are maintenece cost high?, how good are creature comforts. (A/C, sound system, Bluetooth etc)

2. gtjoey

gtjoey Karting

Aug 12, 2014
    Well, The 720s can do it!
    Ive been driving mine, the key for me I CAN SEE EVERYWHERE!
    Its not a daily driver for me but can be, from autoshift to HEATED SEATS and all the rest its a very easy car to drive.
    GTJOEY1314

3. sainthoo

sainthoo Rookie
    Premium Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Richmond, Va
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Had a 570 for about 9 months- 3500 miles. Comfortable, nose lift gets you over speed bumps, relatively steep entry or exit angles. No reason not to, if you want.

4. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    720 is much easier to get into and out of (very different from any mclaren car). Visibility when reversing is so much better then a 458/488 or any mclaren car.

Not scientific but it seems that 720s eats gas pretty quickly relative to any other mclaren car.

Some of my friends who were thinking of getting a 675 asked for my opinion. I told them to wait for the 720s as it was going to be a more compliant ride and more useful for how they want to use their car (no tracking, no performance driving and they like the luxury ride). They were pretty happy with how useable 720s was compared to the more hardcore versions of mclaren and other brands.

ekovalsky likes this.
  5. Boxer365

Boxer365 Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
    I have been using a 650S Spider a my DD for 2 1/2 years. Never had any issues.

6. JOEA2

JOEA2 Rookie
    Subscribed

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    My 12C Spider is my dd except for the Winter.

Joe

7. Boxer365

Boxer365 Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
  8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Rookie

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Going to do a 570 test drive on Tuesday. Anything I should focus on??

Have a couple of Ferraris and am most curious about the turbo lag. What are the positives to note??

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. absent

absent Rookie
    Lifetime Premium

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Had M12C for a while, it can be done as it has very comfy ride and good visibility, hard in Chicago though, with potholes and snow 5 months a year.
    In my case getting in and and out was a pain in the a** also (6'4", 220lbs)

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    720s was very compliant when I drove it. I’d spec mine with manual seats though. I thought the controls were oddly laid out. In general the ride was comfortable, visibility was great.

11. JOEA2

JOEA2 Rookie
    Subscribed

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I've had my 12C Spider for four years. I use it as a daily driver from April through November. I have 28,000 miles. It is the best!
    I test drove the 720S and can't wait until they make a Spider.

Joe